Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrenym00

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2006
Fractional DS3

There is a good site to find info on what your looking for. They have great articles on almost everything. I think it's wikipedia. Just do a search.

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
NO NOT USE YAHOO....

THEY ARE HELL...

There servers suck, they give you no advanced options. They only offer pop no IMAP. and theur Bandwidth sucks

MediaTemple Rocks [mt]

they Rock
mediatemple.net

Its the best..... I cannot rave about them enough

NO YAHOO

YES MEDIA TEMPLE, you will love them

cooper

MacSociology

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2006
Battleground Europe?!
I would recommend you to go another forum to find some info on this subject. WebHostingTalk is one of the better ones. There´s a lot of people there who know servers. Both users and sellers. They also have their own offering-thread you could use to get some offers.

James Rhodes

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2007
Need a little help

I am starting a lawsuit against Macdock.com, if anyone , or anyone you know has had bad service from them please email me at

ontherhodes@mac.com

Maybe together we can get our money back, and put them out of business

Cheers,
James Rhodes

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
While I've never used them myself, I've heard nothing but good things about macdock. What trouble have you encountered? And doesn't this deserve it's own thread?

p71

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2006
I am starting a lawsuit against Macdock.com, if anyone , or anyone you know has had bad service from them please email me at

ontherhodes@mac.com

Maybe together we can get our money back, and put them out of business

Cheers,
James Rhodes

Posting on a forum site, and only to slander the name of a company isn't legal, like I said in your other thread becarful and take it up with FTC or Attorney General.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Interesting that no one mentioned http://www.mediatemple.com. Probably one of the most well known hosting company for great customer support. They answer the phones 24 hours a day and no, the calls aren't outsourced. I had live support over the phone within minutes the few times I had to get some help.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
NO NOT USE YAHOO....

THEY ARE HELL...

There servers suck, they give you no advanced options. They only offer pop no IMAP. and theur Bandwidth sucks

MediaTemple Rocks [mt]

they Rock
mediatemple.net

Its the best..... I cannot rave about them enough

NO YAHOO

YES MEDIA TEMPLE, you will love them

cooper

Interesting that no one mentioned http://www.mediatemple.com. Probably one of the most well known hosting company for great customer support. They answer the phones 24 hours a day and no, the calls aren't outsourced. I had live support over the phone within minutes the few times I had to get some help.

You probably just applied a juvenile-language filter.

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
Media Temple has upgraded with grid hosting, interesting concept, but it is still very unstable, especially with their mysql db. It would go down every now and then. I would not recommend them until they have resolve all their issues. I have just moved out of their service due to all these problems.

http://weblog.mediatemple.net/weblog/category/system-incidents/

same here. i ended up getting all my time with them for free, then moved to ASO when they still could not get their act together.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Media Temple has upgraded with grid hosting, interesting concept, but it is still very unstable, especially with their mysql db. It would go down every now and then. I would not recommend them until they have resolve all their issues. I have just moved out of their service due to all these problems.

http://weblog.mediatemple.net/weblog/category/system-incidents/

Yea, but the guy sounds like he could use a DV account which probably doesn't have the same issues.

Grid has been pretty good for the last few weeks and they are working on making it even better. I've never been happier with a web host even with the rough start of their GS plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.