Commercial Photographer Workstation

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by djones36, May 8, 2011.

1. djones36 macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I finally have finished setting up my workstation for all of my photographic work in my studio. I thought y'all could get some ideas for how to layout your space if you used multiple monitors too. Its amazing how this layout has cut down my time in post over the last couple of days.

Attached Files:

2. legreve macrumors regular

legreve

How many different brands of screens do you have? 2-3? And why...? Wouldnt it be more consistent using just one brand? ( rhetorical question...)

3. emorydunn macrumors 6502

emorydunn

I'm taking credit for some of this. Without me you never would have hooked up that third monitor. :D

Also. Stop showing off. Or show off completely, I demand photos of your studio.

4. djones36 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have 2 different brands and 3 different sizes. That ended up happening as I took whatever monitors I had and used them haha The main screen though is a NEC 30 inch that's color calibrated to the D50 print standard. I need to get a hood for it at some point to prevent the luminous and color values shifting because of the brighter, cooler Samsung monitors I'm using. The top one is a 26 inch 1080p Samsung TV which I don't care too much about its color or brightness accuracy as its for multimedia and previewing a whole body of work in bridge as I edit. The third monitor is a Samsung 23 inch 1080p tv which I use for web, word documents, skype and my tool palette in photoshop. All 3 monitors are also great for when I create 3D lighting diagrams in Maya, and do any web design and video editing.

What I found is a great solution to setting up a workstation is to use cheaper decent TV monitors that I got at costco for the non important stuff and buy one nice monitor that you calibrate for your actual post work.

@emorydunn: Yes, you did motivate me to buy that DVI cable to setup the last monitor haha I shall post 2 pics of my studio in use shooting some simple still lives with the view-camera. I was not showing off or bragging, you got the wrong idea. When I was constructing this system I had a lot of trouble finding good multi-monitor setups for creative workstation. Most of the ones I did find were posted on Macrumors. So, I figured I would put up mine so others could get some ideas if they are setting up a system too, be it windows or mac.

Attached Files: