Commercial shot entirely with iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eafrick, Jun 27, 2010.

1. eafrick macrumors newbie

For this commercial shot ENTIRELY with the iphone 4, the phone was mounted to a remote control helicopter, a steadicam, and a dolly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTYEBui-P94

The results are amazing... when mounted to a stabilized platform, the iphone video is incredible. This commercial was shot by FLF Films for the Glenn Group and their client Minelab.

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Looking forward to seeing a video (commercial or music video) shot entirely on the iPhone 4 AND edited entirely on the iPhone 4.

3. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Plausible.

In iMovie for iPhone:

Photos can be imported, time adjusted, then exported as video.

This lets you add text to the "photo" as well creating a custom transition.

I have a picture of pure black and set it to 6 seconds in length. Each time I want a transition or fade I just import that 'video' into the timeline, add text (or not).

I also use a gorillapod with a modified butterfly clip as a field expedient mount for the iphone :D

4. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Yep, I bet it will be Black eyed peas too that shoots the music vid on the iPhone 4. That whole band is full of geeks and mac users :cool:

5. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

6. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Very interesting.

No doubt we will be seeing a lot of this in the future. Also a slew of shorts and maybe even some full future films. Will be really interesting to see what this begets going forward.

7. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Why is it only in 360P? What happened to 720?

8. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Very awesome, wish it was in 720p as well though.

9. mkoerbel macrumors newbie

I just finished up shoot and editing a short film on iPhone 4

Hey, saw the thread and thought I would comment ... I just finished up shooting a short film on iPhone 4 ... and edited in iMovie app. Entirely within the camera ... it was amazing. Limiting at times, but for what we needed, actually in some ways simpler. Give it a watch if you have 2 minutes!

http://vimeo.com/12819723

10. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

How do you take clips out of a sequence of film? Like if i want to cut out a section in the middle of something i shot, how would i go about doing that in imovie? I've used it a little and posted a video. but all i could do was add a theme! XD

11. coneman5259 macrumors member

coneman5259

on the heli trip it seems like the camera is "jellying" or whatever the term is where the everything is kinda wobbly. You can see it in a couple other iPhone 4 vids while its being hand held.

12. mkoerbel macrumors newbie

Hi Jay ... you just hold your finger on the clip and it lifts off the sequence, then you can slide it and rearrange the whole order. As far as the jelly looking shots in the heli video, we had the same thing ... we couldn't figure out if it was the 115 degree heat or if it was some sort of stabilization in the iPhone ... we're going to have to do some more tests and find out.

13. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

what did you use to mount the phone? That seemed way too smooth to be handheld!

14. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

how are you guys mounting the iphones?

I'm using a gorillapod with a modified butterfly clip lol

edit: ha, beat by one mintue :D

15. mkoerbel macrumors newbie

Check back in a few days ... we're currently editing a full behind the scenes video of how we did all of it ... we had two other iPhones capturing the process ... we had it on a slider, a dolly, and also rigged a crane like apparatus for the crane up away from the engine coming out of the tunnel. I'm telling you - it was so much fun. :)

16. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

I bet! I tried sending you a PM but i guess i cant since it looks like you just joined. If you get enough posts in by the time you post up the behind the scenes footage, send me a PM so i dont miss it! Im excited to see how you did all that, it was really impressive. good work!

17. matj101 macrumors newbie

18. eafrick thread starter macrumors newbie

19. stphnman20 macrumors regular

20. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

i want the filter they used for the video...and wouldn't mind the equipment they used to shoot it.

21. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

That's what I'm trying to figure out as well. Whenever I press and hold my finger though it's like a whole section gets selected from like the very beginning to the middle...

I can't isolate it to just the spot that I want to move or edit.. I can't figure this out for the life of me...

22. eafrick thread starter macrumors newbie