Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
The iPod commercial was pretty weak, and I really am sick of jeff Goldblum, so let's hope Apple's ad agency thought different. Oooh Oooh I know! An old Rolling Stones song like Start Me Up! Doh! Okay, Madonna then! Doh again!

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
They need some big name to do a commercial...

Get a series of musicians like Britney, NSYNC, Backstreet, J.LO, and a few other big names and do a commercial on how they use iPod... Air it on Much Music where the big target group is. Young people 16 - 35 is the iPod target i think.

Rosie O'Donnell pushes her Mac and her iMoves so why don't get her to do a commercial...

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
was that really goldblum? i thought so at first but i figured he was way too young. plus i swear the apple guy at work told me it wasn't. hmmmm.

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
Originally posted by sparkleytone
was that really goldblum? i thought so at first but i figured he was way too young. plus i swear the apple guy at work told me it wasn't. hmmmm.

Not in the iPod commercial, but remember the tiBook spots? He annoyed the crap out of me. it's funny though the rhythmless can't dance kid in the iPod spots is kind of like a younger version of him.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
how about the one guy from milli vanilli pantomime, and then they have someone on an iBook or something in iMovie3 lay the music down behind him, singing some song by the suicide kings, and then he copies him next to himself doing a dance.

wrong, but funny as hell.

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
If the ads are already made, the products designed, and the factories tooled up, wouldn't somebody out there be willing to break their confidentiality agreement? Where's a disgruntled employee when you need one?

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
Originally posted by sparkleytone
still paying fines.

plus...i've yet to meet a disgruntled apple employee.

Freaking zealots spoiling our fun...wait I guess knowing how something turns out in the end ruins the surprise and therefore the fun...secrecy is good! Yay! Don't tell us. Don't even tell us when the next MW is, just send us gift wrapped CPU's!

Tommy!

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2001
NH
much music? yeah theyre all winners! ::rolls eyes:: MTV duh! but clips of pop stars saying how they use the ipod is a good idea!

The first imac commercial was great, it got down to business and compared it to PCs and I think that commercial sold a lot of people on it.

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
Much Music and MTV then... I was thinking Canada... Don't know of the music stations in the USA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.