Commerical at New York Apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kloppenator, Jun 10, 2008.

1. kloppenator macrumors member

so i guess that the iphone's commercial that is up on the website is the one that was shot in the Cube. Check out this video:
    http://www.vimeo.com/1098658

and then the apple commercial:
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/gallery/ads/hallway/

the black actor is the same guy!
    and when they unlock the case, you can see the Genius bar in the background, and then the camera turns, and you see the Macs looking the way that was described in this photoblog:
    http://theilife.com/2008/05/29/5th-avenue-apple-store-closes-liveblog-breaking-news/

cool. i love that commercial.

2. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

but the thing is that the final shot looks digital. it looks like a 3d render, not an actually shot.

3. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I like the video... Definitely not anything like the 1st Generation commercials.

4. kloppenator thread starter macrumors member

i completely agree. The way the "arm" moves is too smooth and fast for a real robotic arm. im sure it could be done, but thats a very expensive throw-away item. Im sure its CG.

but its definatly the same actor. They probably figured since the store was closed anyways, get lots and lots of stock footage, so thats why they had all the exterior lighted up

5. kleo macrumors regular

So they never had a 3G iPhone on set. It was all done after. So even if you were to have broken though the guards, gotten down the single set of stairs, and into the underground "bunker" you would have seen nothing but a fancy box lol.

6. kloppenator thread starter macrumors member

thats what we've seen so far... there may be surprises ;)

7. DreamPod macrumors 65816

I don't see the point of using the store for the commercial - I sure didn't recognize it as an Apple Store. Why not film it somewhere more private, like say a sound stage somewhere?

8. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Wouldn't that have been rather quick from filming, editing, etc.. to have that ready to be shown at WWDC?

Production like that usually takes a fair amount of time.

9. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

I don't think they needed all that and to shut down a store for that.

Was the black guy in the photos one of the guys carrying the briefcase thing?

10. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

maybe i am color blind but i do see it. the actor looks different in the David Jr.com video than in tbe actual commercial. the two guys holding the case don't look anything like the guy in the first video. am i missing something?

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

[​IMG]

Ahem.

Other than that, yes, the last shot is probably in the Apple store. But that's the only one. Everything else is obviously someplace else. They would have had time to finish it if the other stuff had been shot before the store-shoot.