Comming Late to the iPod Promotion

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jcobb, Jun 26, 2007.

1. jcobb macrumors newbie

Hello all thanks for reading.

I bought my Macbook about 2 weeks before the iPod promotion started. Has anyone ever heard of Apple being lenient and honoring the rebate for someone who missed the cutoff in the name of outstanding customer service? I know it is probably unlikely, but I figured I might as well ask. I would really like to have and iPod as I have never owned one before.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't know that they have done it before, but it wouldn't hurt to try. just make sure that you are polite to them when you ask and that will probably increase your odds.

3. Igantius macrumors 65816

Not that I'm aware of - certainly not in the UK at any rate.

But shy children get no sweets as they say, by all means give it a go.

4. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

If anything, you should have returned the system the day they announced the promotion, then re-purchased it. You can still ask, but the longer you wait, the less likely they are to give it to you. So if you're going to call and ask, do it sooner than later.

Also make sure you're talking to the right group. AppleCare can tell you they'll approve it all day long, but if another group is authorizing the rebates, it may not matter if AppleCare says yes or not, but rather if THEY say yes or not. Apple is usually good about not contradicting each other (ie, if Applecare says you should get this but it wasn't really up to Applecare to make that decision in the first place, the other group will honor it, but will probably give you hell about it to make sure its legit).

Keep in mind that most of the places that process these rebates are simply third-party agencies hired to do these and may not even know what the rebate is really for. Apple may not be that way on their reabtes, but its my 2 cents from experience with other companies.

5. wgkealey macrumors member

I doubt it. They have good customer service, but that's asking a bit much. They do the iPod promotion every year, at the same time of the year, so I doubt they would be lenient at all.

6. jshbckr macrumors 6502

A friend of mine 2 years ago (the first back to school iPod deal, with a free mini) ordered a PowerBook a day or two before they started the deal and they wouldn't give him one.