Common Problems on MBPs (by version of HW)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dacapo, Feb 10, 2010.

1. dacapo macrumors 6502

As I sit and wait for the new MBPs to come out, I see these random threads that ask about specific issues some users are having with their MBPs.

Is there a thread or wiki page that covers many of the commonly known issues with MBPs in previous releases? In particular, I'm hoping to see a breakdown of common problems by 'released version.' For example, a mid 2009 umbp has had these kinds of issues (high cpu temp, fan noise, etc).. versus a late 2008 version that had this or that issue.

I'm not looking for speculations on what we want to see in the future (usb3, etc), or issues we may have with features that otherwise work okay (firewire 800 or i don't like nonremovable battery, etc).. but really a listing of stuff that have had real problems (like 8600 video card, etc).

If there is a one-stop wiki-type page for reviewing well-known MBP hardware issues, that would be very convenient I'd think. (If there is already a page like that, please point me to it, thanks!)

2. dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, thanks. It is great to know but also kinda scary in the sense that there seem to be quite a bit of stuff!

Only other thing is that the ads on that site are just plastered all over the place, making for a terrible viewing experience..

3. dacapo thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm. upon closer look, that site seems pretty outdated.
    Any more up-to-date info anyone?

(just a few threads below here, we see reports of usb port failure, cpu temp, fan speed, anti-glare design problems, etc.)
    Maybe it's time to do an inventory of these kinds of issues on this site?