Common sense prevailed

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jstegman, Aug 29, 2008.

1. jstegman macrumors newbie

Thanks to those who offered advice and gave me a lot to think about when I was making my camera and lens choice, graduating from the p&s to the DSLR. I had, after several weeks of reading, made the D80 and 18-200mm combo my top pick. I then read the thoughts and opinions expressed by those of this forum, read several more articles and sifted through many more sites before making my final decision and purchasing the D40 with Nikon 18-55mm ED ll AF-S DX and 55-200mm AF-S DX VR IF-ED Nikkor lens kit from Cameta.

The D40, after factoring everything, just makes sense. It is a perfect intro DSLR, has a great track record and is half the price. The order was placed early this morning after I got home from work and will be anxious the next few days awaiting its arrival. I still think I want to add a 50mm lens to the package but I will see how the 2 that come with it work for me first.

Thanks again for the help!

2. FreakinSyco macrumors regular

FreakinSyco

I'll join that crowd. I was thinking about purchasing a Canon XSi then finding a lens, but after some hard thinking about this being my first DLSR and all, I decided on the D40. And merely by chance came across a used one in perfect condition with kit lens for $375. I can't wait till it gets here.