common websites crash safari

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GratefulMed, Mar 26, 2008.

1. GratefulMed macrumors newbie

I have a macbook and an iMac running the same version of safari (3.1) under Leopard. About 3 weeks ago, the macbook safari started crashing (spinning beachball) everytime I visited espn.com while the iMac had no trouble. Reviewing online postings, I figured it was some incompatibility with Adobe Flash Player and uninstalled it on the macbook. This fixed the problem, but I received error messages about missing the flash player when visiting numerous sites. I reinstalled the player and avoid espn.com. As of yesterday, however, I am getting the same crash when visiting Macrumors.com homepage. Anyone know what's up? Why is this not also affecting my iMac? How do I tell what version of Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash player is on each computer? I can't find the program through Spotlight.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. macsrules macrumors regular

The only time that I have had problems like this are when I have installed too many programs on my computer. There is one solution that will more than likely take care of the problem. You could re-install the operating system back to factory default, that should fix the problem. It does sound like something that you have installed on the computer is causing the conflicts.