Commonly used contacts on top when texting or emailing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Carsonsig, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Carsonsig macrumors newbie

Hi all... I searched for this with no luck... is there a way to get Iphone to show me contacts in the list as a type a name based on any semblance of frequency of use? Example:

my wifes name is krista

when I want to text, I have to type her whole name in, get past all the kristens kristophers etc.. before I can see her... even though I literally have never texted that person. Gmail's web interface does this flawlessly... any way to get it to show commonly used ones above random contacts...?

thanks in advance! C

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

I don't think there is any way to do what you are asking but if your wife is one if the people you text frequently I would assume that her name is always near the top when you go into messages and view all the threads. At least that's how it works for me. Only time I actually type in a persons name to text them is if its someone that I rarely text and our last conversation is somewhere near the bottom.

3. DefBref macrumors 6502

Give her a unique nickname (you add nickname as a field in the contacts app) like 'wifey'

Search for that instead of her name and you should get it quicker.