"Communication Error" in IMovie '08 when uploading to Youtube

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by doctoree, Aug 24, 2008.

1. doctoree macrumors 6502

I'd love to use the integration of Youtube into IMovie '08. But when I finished a movie, filled in all the required data like username and password under "Share", "Youtube", after rendering and trying to uploade the movie for a while. IMovie displays a "Communication Error" and asks me to try again. But of course we know how computers work: Not changing anything and simply following this advice simply leads to the same error again.

I'm on a MBP with a LAN connection to the internet. My upstream speed is 1 megabit/s. Uploading movies manually to Youtube using the web interface works flawless and fast.

Doc

P.S: Like with every other new thread, I've used the search function prior to posting.

2. bigdave914 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue and came here via a google search. Have you found a fix for this yet?

-Dave

3. doctoree thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, no solution yet. I have numerous topics here in this forum whithout any solutions.

4. jprincesa macrumors member

jprincesa

I have the same problem, I wish someone had an answer :confused:

5. LewisBeechey macrumors member

6. tdander macrumors newbie

Maybe An Answer...

I have had this same error, but so far as long as i don't have youtube open on my desktop and am not logged on I do not get this error. Hope this helps!!

7. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Having the same error here, no fix yet.

EDIT**
    I received the error twice and my video upload twice. Even though I received the error, it still works.

8. AmberDesign macrumors newbie

Try this, worked for me

Hi there. I had this very frustrating problem also, and joined this forum just to post what worked for me. I have a Netgear WPN824 router and MacBook Pro. I forced the settings in the "wireless" section of the "setup" process of the Netgear Router WPN824 to only use 802.b protocol and now I can upload video quickly without communication errors, hanging the router, or getting kicked off my internet connection.

9. moedym macrumors newbie

Fill in all the fields

I was getting the communication error too, but then I went back and entered data into the "Description" field (which I had left blank) and it uploaded fine. So even though it isn't clear in iMovie, Youtube requires data in all fields.

Hope that's helpful!

10. doctoree thread starter macrumors 6502

Nothing of this is a solution for me. Still not working.

I have stopped using this ****. Gonna use Premiere Pro 100 percent from now on.
    That's my "solution".

Doc

11. omikeyz macrumors newbie

how to fix Communication Error on YouTube

OK, just come off the phone from Mac.
    Go to Finder, Click on Library, then click on the folder Caches and drag it (the whole thing) to the dustbin. (trash)

Next, click on Apple, Sys Preferences, Accounts, Unlock the padlock, go to login items, select all of them (hide) and hit minus for each one. Restart computer.

I hope you find this useful as i did a test and it worked.

omikeyz:):D

12. WillBot macrumors newbie

I was having a similar problem but previous to this I had to reset my youtube password as I always forget it. After I reset my password and went on to youtube.com I had to log in normally once and then it asked me to log in a second time and do the word encryption thing. After I was logged in in my browser I tried to upload the videos again and it's currently working fine.

13. doctoree thread starter macrumors 6502

My problems dissapeard when I upgraded to iMovie 09.