community college and edu discount...?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iSwitchd, Aug 28, 2007.

1. iSwitchd macrumors member

Are community college students eligible for the eduation discount? The school is not listed on apple's website.

Thank you

2. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Yes. My fiance who works at a Community College, was able to use the discount there.

3. iSwitchd thread starter macrumors member

One more quick thing... (sorry if this should be in a different spot)

Can I just bring in my student ID (even if it's a couple years old), or do I have to bring in a CURRENT class schedule?

Thanks!

4. psingh01 macrumors 65816

I think Apple just requires the ID....but if they ask you for a schedule you can always say "hey it's still summer, I haven't registered for fall classes" ;)

I just purchased some cheap Adobe software from journeyed.com and all I had to do was show them my student ID.....I forgot to tell them that I graduated last year :D

5. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Yea same here. Forgot to tell them I graduated 4 years ago. lol However! I will be taking some certificate classes for fun, so technically I am a student still. lol

6. iSwitchd thread starter macrumors member

lol, thats the reason I asked...

I am a student, but am not taking classes this summer/fall.

EDIT: Before I get flamed, I AM returning to classes after the fall, so it's not being dishonest. A death in the family is the reason for the semester back home.

7. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

tisk tisk...

8. MikeL macrumors 6502

Of course it's dishonest. You just don't want to think of yourself as being a dishonest person, so you tell others it's not dishonest.

The cool thing is that Apple can audit you, and demand proof of enrollment. If you can't provide it, they charge you for the discount. Better read your terms of purchase before defrauding anyone, eh?

9. TheScavenger macrumors regular

If you do decide to go for the discount just bring it all i.e. school ID, drivers license, etc.

Josh

10. iSwitchd thread starter macrumors member

Big deal Mike, who made you the internet IRS police? Who cares, if it doesn't work - I'll pay full price. No sweat off my back.

You should get out and enjoy life more.

11. MikeL macrumors 6502

I could care less what you do. Just don't call it honest or ethical in a lame attempt to make something that is dishonest and unethical seem ok.