Commute or Laptop Messenger?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Applepwns, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Applepwns macrumors member

Hey guys i am wondering wether i should get the Timbuk2 Commute Messenger or the Timbuk2 Laptop Messenger.

Thoughts?
    I need it for my Macbook.

*The Commute is the one on top.*

Attached Files:

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Wouldn't the laptop messenger be the only one with the padding for your laptop?

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

They both have laptop sleeves. Having had both, I say this: The laptop messenger is bigger. Almost twice as big. You can't get much more into the commute but some cables and a few notebooks. The commute has many more pockets (inside and out) which can be convenient, as well as a padded back and bottom. I prefer the messenger for the extra space and the styling. The padding in both is good so no worries there.

My standard recomendation is this: I upgrade all the time, and have more than one laptop. After constantly switching bags for different sized computers, I settled on a regular (non-laptop) messenger and various sleeves for each notebook. It adds versatility.

4. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Not true. I use my commute to get groceries once a week and stuff it pretty full.

The main difference is the commute is a little more professional, but not quite as stable on the bike. If you have aspirations to be a bike messenger, get the laptop messenger. If you don't want people to think you're a bike messenger when you're in meetings, get the commute.

5. Maxington macrumors 6502

Laptop messenger FTW. I have one and love it. It's also great when you don't have the lappy with you to put important docs in the laptop sleeve.