Commuters who carry their Apple products to work.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Eddie3345, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie3345 macrumors member

Eddie3345

(I did a search and didn't find anything.)

I sometimes 2/3 a week bring my MBP to work. And also at times i take public transportation to work. I wanted to know what everyone uses for messenger bags / back packs. Sleeves / no sleeves. This is my every day carry set up. A simple case for my 15in MBP and my Timbuk2 Especial Medio. It has nice padded sleeve with velcro strap that fits with the case. I have room for my brick i don't really use a mouse. And i can even bring my lunch.

What do you use to commute to work?

[​IMG]

2. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

With full disclosure of the fact that I drive to work:

I carry my MBP-a 2012 pre-Retina 15"-to work with me yesterday. It's in a Spec hard shell case, and rides in the laptop sleeve built into my LL Bean back-pack. It's simple but effective and works well for me.

BTW, both this particular backpack and the one I used before it(through college and my first years of graduate school) have had laptop sleeves. I've used them to carry laptops, and have never used any sleeves in addition to the ones built into the backpacks. My first MBP-a unibody 13"-went with no case. I bought the 15" used and it came with a case already on it, so I just kept using it. About a month back, the case was getting to the point where it was more not there than it was there :) . Spec no longer makes cases for non-Retina 15", and overall they are petty thin on the ground. I ended up picking up a new old stock Spec case on Ebay. The seller had a couple, and I regret not buying more given their price.

3. Eddie3345 thread starter macrumors member

Eddie3345

I do drive to work as well but i work downtown and its just a hassle to find parking if i go out for lunch or need to go to one of our stores so its easier to use public transportation. I know i don't need "extra" protection guess its just a state of mine thing. if it holds the lap top with the case then why not.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.