COMP USA: Mac Software now 40% off!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bunsen, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Bunsen macrumors member

I just got back from COMP USA in Orlando, and picked up the Final Cut Studio 2 (Upgrade from FCS 1) for $299.99! (normally $499) It was really great timing too, because I decided to stop by on a whim and see if they had anything left, while on my way to the Apple Store to pick up the upgrade.
    For anyone in Central Florida, this was the OBT Comp USA by the Florida Mall.
    They still had a couple of full retail FCS2's as well as the upgrades, and they had Aperture 1, Leopard, MS Office, .Mac, iLife, and some other stuff behind the counter. As for hardware, it was almost all gone, just some beat-up demo Macbooks.

So go check your local Comp USA for some good mac deals!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I've consistently found the different CompUSA closing sales I've been gone to for the last two years to have horrible discounts. Rarely are they anything to even care about. Heck manytime I can get better deals paying retail at Wal-Mart or using my Apple Student Discount.

TEG

3. danny_w macrumors 601

I just got back from the Austin CompUSA and they had virtually nothing left but the savings were still minimal to say the least. 15% on most hardware items! And after all this time too, when they are advertising 30-60% off. Yea, on a few items, like 30% off hdtv's that they seem to have marked up before they marked them down. Sounds like the OP got a great dea (congrats!)l, but I sure didn't see any at my store.

4. chickenninja macrumors 6502

chickenninja

i hate compusa, i am was so happy to hear they were going out of buisness with all their mail in rebate ********

5. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

I wish the one in Wilmington De had some deals. They are already cleaned out. No mac stuff left.:mad: