Compact Cloud-Printing Laser Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by printrat, Jan 29, 2014.

1. printrat macrumors newbie

Hi Macrumorites:

My line of work requires me to travel/move and print frequently. For this reason, I'm looking for a monochrome laser printer that is relatively compact (can be packed in a suitcase) and is reliable, has a good print rate (20-40 ppm range), has automatic duplex, and most important, is cloud-print enabled (or is capable of receiving print jobs from the WAN/anywhere on the globe over the internet, like Google-Cloud Print can do) without additional attachments/being hooked up to a second mac. It should also not require a CS degree to set it up this way.

Might anyone know of such a printer?

Thanks; looking forward to seeing your recommendations!

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

So when you looked through the printers from HP or Brother, was anything close?

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Let us know if you find something that works.

Laser printers usually come packed in fitted boxes. Much of their guts are either taped down or secured with something like styrofoam. Often, the toner cartridge isn't shipped inside the unit itself but is inserted after removing the tape and foam. This is all done to prevent damage while shipping. I doubt you'll find one that will hold up to loose transport or would be covered under warranty for such use.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Canon brother and hp do travel printers. I have never seen a laser printer though due to the nature of the printer tech.

5. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Yeah, I'm a big laser fan and use them almost exclusively, but the compact lasers I've seen would give a stack of phone books filled with lead, a run for their money. Unless there's been a revolution, maybe start over with inkjet.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I'm a huge fan of laser printers over inkjet, but traveling with one is a pain. When I did trade shows I'd transport compact laser printer with my booth setup, but it was in a several-hundred-pound wheeled travel case so it always remained upright. I haven't seen a laser printer that can withstand being upside down without some toner spillage - a real mess - so that would preclude packing one in a suitcase.