Compact Flash Reader Error

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chadconington, Feb 19, 2012.

1. chadconington macrumors newbie

Hi, I have been using my Lexar Compact Flash card reader for almost a year and it has worked brilliantly until now.

With no obvious changes the reader no longer allows me to copy to my external LaCie hard drive but still allows me to copy to the MacBook's HD.

I have tried all my Compact Flash cards, formatted them etc.

Normally when I transfer the images a remaining time bar appears. However all that happens now is that the bar contains stripes and lies dormant for a few minutes before saying it could not transfer the images. As previously said I have tried different CF cards, formatting etc. This only happens when trying to copy the images to the external HD not the laptop's HD. I can still copy files to the external HD via the laptop's HD and other devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated : )

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you checked Finder > select external HDD >> GET INFO >>> Format and Sharing & Permissions yet?
    [​IMG]

3. chadconington thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for your reply, unfortunately no change.

The message that pops up is as follows:

The finder cannot complete the operation because some of the data in "DSC_2669.NEF" could not be read or written (Error code - 36)

The message pop ups after about a minute of trying to transfer the images.

4. simsaladimbamba

Have you checked Finder > select external HDD >> GET INFO >>> Format and Sharing & Permissions and what does it say?
    [​IMG]

5. chadconington thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

My drive states the following:

Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Sharing & Permissions

You Can Read And Write

I came across a fix using terminal (dot_clean) but that only worked temporarily, the problem still persists!