Compact flash reader not recognized my my MacPro...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GarthAlgar, Feb 25, 2008.

1. GarthAlgar macrumors member

GarthAlgar

So, I have a brand spankin' new mac pro octo, and every time I try to hook up my sandisk compact flash reader into a USB port, it never shows up on the desktop.

I know something is happening when I plug it in because the light on top of the reader turns green., but the actual drive never shows up. Anybody run into this before? Now, I hate to be a negative nancy, but if I hook that reader up to any PC, it shows up fine.

What's the deal folks?

Thanks for any help you can give in advance...

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

What brand of camera are you using? I have the same problem with my Kodak using a SD card. I've even tried formatting it to FAT32 in Disk Utility but the camera wants to format it to its own spec of FAT32. :confused:

It works just fine in Windows though.

3. GarthAlgar thread starter macrumors member

GarthAlgar

Canon digital Rebel...

Weird thing is, if I hook the camera itself directly up to the computer, it recognizes that fine (but makes me import using the annoying iPhoto)

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I forgot to mention it's only with the card reader as well. Works just fine plugging in the camera and running iPhoto or Image Capture.

Why have the card reader in the first place? :(

Maybe it's a Leopard thing. Are you on Leopard?

5. GarthAlgar thread starter macrumors member

GarthAlgar

Yeah...it's running leopard. Hmmm...it's not a HUGE deal, but it's one of those things just annoying enough to be a problem.

6. dianagurley macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem

All of a sudden my CF card reader wasn't recognizing either of my sandisk CF cards. I can view them on the LCD screen of my canon 7d. I can import through iphoto. But to no avail, CF card reader wasn't working.

I thought it maybe corrupt, so I bought a NEW CF card reader but it's not recognizing either! Now I'm stuck importing using iphoto by hooking up my camera via USB.

help!