Companion Desktop Apple Maps.app may be needed

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Kanunu, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Kanunu macrumors 6502

I'm wondering when we might see a desktop companion to Maps, either a web page or a free standing app? Those corrections that Apple so desperately needs would be a lot easier to make on a desktop or at least a 15" screen. I know I made some corrections to Google maps near an area where I used to live and it would have been tough or impossible to draw out with my fingertip.

Before my corrections, directions to my home were by way of a dead end street. I had to draw fairly precise lines for them where the street actually ended. After the map correction was made the directions changed along with the map.

If Apple is serious about user corrections, I think they will need desktop input.

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

True...it's worked great for me, but I would love to test it out more on a big screen.

So much easier to add poi's if needed...

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

I bet you 10.9 will have a Maps app. Apple is bent on integrating iOS and OS X (Messages, Reminders, Notes apps; Notification Center). Either there will be a standalone Maps app in 10.9, or Apple's maps will be integrated into apps like iPhoto, Contacts, etc.

4. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Not sure if the OP meant this, but I think it needs to be web based so ANYONE can access it

5. Kanunu thread starter macrumors 6502

good point

I hadn't thought of it that way but there are still a lot of people out there with Windows PC's and iPhones. You are correct.

6. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

I would love not only an apple map app for OSX, but also an iBooks app for OSX.

7. StoneJack macrumors 6502a

StoneJack

Standalone Apple Maps can be released to Windows too, like iTunes or QuickTime.

8. Kanunu thread starter macrumors 6502

more good ideas

That is exactly why I prefer Nookbooks even though I have an iPad and not a Nook.

You people keep coming back with things I like. Perhaps we should add these on the apple input pages. http://www.apple.com/feedback/

9. joesuf macrumors newbie

joesuf

I second this :):apple: