Company of Heroes no longer available

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by eeperman, Oct 9, 2016.

1. eeperman macrumors newbie

I was a big fan of the original Company of Heroes and bought the Mac version from the App Store several years ago. I have recently upgraded my MBA to Sierra and CoH no longer appears in my Purchased tab in the App Store. A trip to Aspyr's site suggests that the game is no longer available, but previous purchasers should be able to download it from the App Store - that is clearly no longer the case.

Is there any way around this? I own CoH on Steam, but don't have the space to set up a BootCamp partition. I am feeling slightly aggrieved that a purchase I made can just be taken from me purely because I chose to upgrade my OS...

2. Irishman macrumors 68030

Have you reached out to Apple? That would be the first thing I would do in your situation.

3. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

You said you bought it on the Mac App Store?
    Are you sure you cannot find it in your purchased tab? i can still find software I bought years ago which isn't available on the MAS store now, but is in my purchased tab (DiRT 2 is an example for me).

If you're sure, I would get in touch with Apple too. If they cannot let you re-download your purchase, you should get a refund.

4. Garrod Suspended

Garrod

Have you installed Steam on macOS? A lot of my games for Windows on Steam appeared for Steam for macOS once they had been ported - all for free, too. Examples are Tomb Raider, GTA III and GTA Vice City. There are more but I'm not at home now to check!

5. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Perhaps purchased under a second account? I have an old one some apps were purchased under and I have to shuffle logins to update.

6. pixelatedscraps macrumors 6502

pixelatedscraps

Just wanting to resurrect this thread as I am in looking to get COH up and running again on a Mac running 10.12.6. Has anyone got this working, either through Steam or original DVD install?

7. Exbuster macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro Retina Mid2012. I see COH:Complete Campaign Editor available for download. I bought from Aspyr Media several years ago and see it in my purchased tab of the app store under OSX High Sierra 10.13.3 I have always loved RTS. This is the best of the best. I don't see it available for purchase anymore, however, which is unfortunate. It appears that it has totally switch over to Steam.