Company Of Heroes!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Blake1, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Blake1 macrumors member

Hello,

I am new to loading windows on to an iMac and just had a question. I am going to by and iMac in the near future and plan on using bootcamp to install windows so i can install my PC games, specifically Company of Heroes.

Are there any problems I will run into? It seems like i have seen a few post with people having problems with this. It made me worry a little. Is anyone currently playing this game on there iMac? Anything I should know? Thanks!

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

No, you will not have any problems. Bootcamp is just like using Windows on any other PC.

3. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

CoH will play fine, it's an older game so won't have any issues.

4. Blake1 thread starter macrumors member

Awesome! Thanks :) I have read a few things that people were having problems and trying different boot loaders, I really wasn't sure why. Thanks! I think my next step is to wait and see when the next iMac launches :)

5. doh123 macrumors 65816

Wine and such are not "boot loaders" as they have nothing to do with booting what-so-ever. The closest thing you could call them easily would be an emulator, but its not really an emulator. Its basically like adding libraries to OSX to handle running Windows software. Because its open source and worked on by people with no help or inside knowledge from Microsoft, its a slow progress figuring out how the heck to do it... so it gets better all the time, but its far from perfect.

If you want the easiest way to play Windows games, yes.. just use Bootcamp to partition your hard drive and install and run Windows.... then it is basically just a PC and can do everything any other PC can do...