Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsyingling

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2006
Hello all,

I am currently starting up my own business selling sports infographics posters. I just finished coding the website, available here infojocks.com. Unfortunately, I am not a web designer, so the code is an ABSOLUTE MESS. I am working with someone in the know-how on cleaning all that up.

So messy code aside, what do you guys think about the design/impression of the site? It's functional at least... got the paypal and google checkout and everything all working. It was a bit of a rush to get everything up, and I was wondering if you guys saw any blatant cut corners.

Anyways. Any design crits or input would be greatly appreciated. I'm very new at web design and need something professional enough for people to trust.

Thanks,

Yingling

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
The design is great.

However the images are huge PNG files, unless you need high quality transparency with photos, should be

-JPEG for photos
-GIF for graphics

Perhaps some minor water marks on the close up elements?

jsyingling

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2006
Ok. No pngs. I can just change them to jpegs and add the background so no need for transparency.

I've been thinking about adding the watermarks and a little noise/texture once I get the coding all nailed down. I think a light texture to the background could be beneficial.

Thanks for the comments, man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.