Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
I have a folder of about 40GB of photos that I found on an old drive. Many or most of them already exist in my Photos library, but not all of them. Before I do anything and end up with a lot of duplicates or something, is there a good way for me to have photos examine that folder and import only the images it doesn't have? Thanks!

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Try Snapselect. What's cool is that it can find similars in addition to dupes. For example, it found the same photo I had even though it was on another drive, had been renamed, and cropped. It can work with a Photos library, and send info about picks/rejects back to that library.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Thanks. I already ended up using another program - PhotoSweeper - which is working pretty well, but it's been so long since I did any cleanup like this that it's going to take quite a while for me to go through things and make sure it doesn't delete anything I don't want it to!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.