compare new macbook to macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DavedG39, Nov 4, 2008.

1. DavedG39 macrumors newbie

Noticed new macbook 13" aluminum (MB467LL) about same price as macbook pro (MB133LL). Which is the better computer to buy for my high school age grandson and why?

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

MacBook Pro because of the bigger screen real estate.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Basically, I'd agree. The MBP is an excellent computer, powerful, great peformance, attractive aesthetic, and most important, it has a superb screen, which is both bigger and of better quality than that of the MB.

Cheers and good luck

4. Sin.dc2r macrumors newbie

I have both the new MBP 2.4 and the MB 2.4 for the fiance. Both are excellent machines and I would choose based on screen size. The 13" is great for school and is plenty of screen to do everything on. I use the MBP for Aperture and it's been great for me.

5. dpett006 macrumors newbie

I had this same exact problem when purchasing mine. The 13" MacBook had everything I wanted internally, but I could not live with the screen size. I spent some time in the Apple store comparing a 15" screen to a 13" side by side, playing around with different applications and such, after which I decided to fork over the extra couple hundred so that I would be happy with the screen. I have a feeling had I settled for the 13" I would have had some regret. I definitely don't have any regrets with my 15".

6. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

7. zorahk macrumors 6502

A high school student will want to play games and will want the better screen offered by the pro.

get the pro.

8. msizzle64 macrumors 6502

msizzle64

if he ever wants to do some video editing on iMovie he would need the MacBook Pro because it has firewire. really stupid idea to remove firewire from the MacBooks

9. joystik macrumors member