Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
It seems that most comparisons use the SSD drive for the 1.8GHZ. Since for $300 you can upgrade the HDD to 1.8, has anybody done this and do you notice and decent speed increase? Do you think it is worth the upgrade?

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
Thanks, I did a search but inexplicably missed that one.

No worries...I find the search on MR forums isn't always so great. I sometimes have trouble finding threads I've seen before even. Found that one from my subscribed threads list since I had posted.

There aren't any spectacular insights in that thread necessarily, but at least it's had activity so you might get more responses.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
No worries...I find the search on MR forums isn't always so great. I sometimes have trouble finding threads I've seen before even. Found that one from my subscribed threads list since I had posted.

There aren't any spectacular insights in that thread necessarily, but at least it's had activity so you might get more responses.

You would really think the bulletin board software would have gotten to the point where it recognizes # of posts vs. important topics and try and keep topics from going off the front page. That always seems to be what kills a thread and then people ask the same questions over and over again.

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
You would really think the bulletin board software would have gotten to the point where it recognizes # of posts vs. important topics and try and keep topics from going off the front page. That always seems to be what kills a thread and then people ask the same questions over and over again.

Yeah I often wonder if there could be some better system. Some of the same questions seem to come up multiple times per week. Maybe they just need to build out the wiki more and have people contribute to it instead of always posting in the forums. I guess there's always the Site and Forum feedback forum to discuss this...of course realizing it'd probably just be the new weekly incarnation of postings about that too. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.