comparing MB 1st,2nd,3rd gen worth upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whitemac2, Dec 6, 2007.

1. whitemac2 macrumors member

i recently got a macbook 1gen for cheap its production week is 40 so it was like right on the transition from core duo to core 2 duo anyway, the specs on the laptop are:

leopard upgrade
    2 gig upgrade 667mhz
    2ghz core duo
    superdrive
    80gb hd

is there a big difference from the laptop that i have to the core 2 duo?

and then is there a even bigger jump from the core 2 duo 2gen to the newest core2duos with the santa rosa?

ive searched but couldnt find exactly what i was looking for in comparing all the laptops

also aside from performance differences are the perofrmance upgrades from one to another laptop worth the price jump, i bought my laptop for 625 i doubt i could find a core2duo for that cheap let alone a newer one

2. lwcoffer2 macrumors member

lwcoffer2

3. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Basically if you go through what lwcoffer2 said, it really comes down to what you use it for. If you surf the net, you're set. Even if you do regular multimedia stuff like watch movies and manage your pics, you're still fine with a Core Duo.

The new one is basically better at games and the Core 2 Duo can do demanding stuff faster.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

The difference will be impossible to notice for 99% of what people use the computers for. Don't stress.

Think about it: there are plenty of people out there who are still using Powerbooks and iBooks, and oddly enough, doing exactly the same things people with MBs and MBPs do.

5. whitemac2 thread starter macrumors member

ive noticed that core duo or core 2 dup the resale value are high (looking at ebay prices) it doesnt seem like the cd or c2d effects the value you see you cd macbooks for over 900 on ebay