Comparing MBP Geekbench results

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Joelburman, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Joelburman macrumors regular

Joelburman

I tried to find a thread on here where people can post/compare Geekbench results. If there is such a thread please link to it and I'll post my results there.

Here are mine for my Early 2011 Macbook Pro. It sports 16gb of 1333mhz RAM and a Crucial MX100 256gb SSD disk. I'm running Mavericks with the latest updates.

How do you think the score holds up? Don't really understand how I should interpret these results compared to the ones being published on everymac.com

Attached Files:

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

You should compare it in Geekbench itself, at browser.primatelabs.com.

For example, my late-2013 13" rMBP scores 7057. If I want to compare with other late-2013 13" rMBPs, I just click on the Benchmark Chart on the right side and select a result to compare with.

3. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

4. Joelburman thread starter macrumors regular

Joelburman

Thanks! Just uploaded my results there now. Their interface is a bit confusing though. Should be a lot easier to compare to identical setups. I haven't actually managed to filter it like that so far.

If thats number is for single core its a pretty awesome number I'd say.

5. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

Yeah that's the thing, it's a 64-bit multi core score. It's essentially a 2008 Penryn Core 2 Duo in a 2010 machine.

So as you can tell I'm really looking forward to a Broadwell 13".

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think I ran geekbench scores only when I'm ready to buy a new Mac. That is, I see what my current score is, walk into an apple store and run the benchmark. Other then that, I largely ignore them. I think they have a purpose, but I don't want to get hung up on the numbers.

I'm happy with my rMBP's performance, so I don't care what the numbers are and how it stacks up against anything else.

Once I come to the decision of buying a new MBP, I'll run the benchmarks again, but that's only to be sure that for the money I'm paying for it, that the the speed difference is sizable.

7. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

MBP 17" late 2011 2.5ghz 500g OWC SSD pro, 1T electra SSD/bay (64-bit)

[​IMG]