Comparing MBPs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BeagleMeister, Oct 29, 2016.

1. BeagleMeister macrumors member

BeagleMeister

http://www.apple.com/mac/compare/re...-pro-2015-13&product2=macbook-pro-touchbar-13

Just did a couple of comparisons of my early 2015 rMBP 13" vs. the new 13" models, using Apple's model comparison tool. Sufficiently eye-opening in that it underscores my satisfaction with my current MBP and, in my case, offers no reason to consider a new purchase. The new models just do not seem to justify that kind of expenditure. Thoroughly enjoying the utility of what I have. Was expecting the new models to offer at least a modicum of temptation, but just not seeing it.

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

The 2013 rMBP didn't blow the 2012 out of the water.
    The 2014 rMBP didn't blow the 2013 out of the water.
    The 2015 rMBP didn't blow the 2014 out of the water.
    Guess what?
    The 2016 rMBP didn't blow the 2015 out of the water.

For many the rMBP didn't blow the 2012 cMBP out of the water.

3. BeagleMeister thread starter macrumors member

BeagleMeister

Perhaps, but I'm wondering if any of those iterative steps seemed as much of a regression as this step does.

4. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I edited post after you quoted...but maybe the rMBP to cMBP. Many didn't like it...also the 2015 is basically the 2013 rMBP with a gimmicky ForceTouch TrackPad.

5. BeagleMeister thread starter macrumors member

BeagleMeister

And I believe Broadwell replaced Haswell, faster SSD, longer battery life. My late 2013 rMBP was replaced by Apple with the early 2015 rMBP (free of charge, fortunately) due to the 2013 having some bad peeling/staining of the anti-reflective coating on the screen. And, as you mention, ForceTouch.