Comparing the new iPad vs. iPad 2 Camera Picture Quality

MarcusCyganiak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Hey everyone, just thought I would share a camera picture quality comparison review I did over at CYGY.com between the new iPad and the iPad 2.

I think you will all be blown away by the comparison, as I took the same picture on both devices and matched them up together. It's clear that the new iPad iSight camera is a huge upgrade!

Take a look for yourself: http://cygy.me/Au01FG

Marcus

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
Thank you for your enlightening post with a link to your website showing how a 5mp camera with optics from the 4S is better than a 0.7mp camera with optics from a fish tank.

Your contribution is noted and appreciated, please continue to post informative stuff like this in future.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Thank you for your enlightening post with a link to your website showing how a 5mp camera with optics from the 4S is better than a 0.7mp camera with optics from a fish tank.

Your contribution is noted and appreciated, please continue to post informative stuff like this in future.
Why do people like posting snarky, rude comments to people who are just wanting to help?

Yes we all know it's a huge upgrade... but that doesn't mean you have the right to be a jerk to someone. I hope in real life he's 250 lbs of ripped steel and able to kick your a$$. Cause I'm sure you wouldn't say your snarky comments to his face.

MarcusCyganiak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
...showing how a 5mp camera with optics from the 4S is better than a 0.7mp camera with optics from a fish tank.
Actually it's the 5mp camera from "the new iPad," not the iPhone 4S. :)

----------

Why do people like posting snarky, rude comments to people who are just wanting to help?

Yes we all know it's a huge upgrade... but that doesn't mean you have the right to be a jerk to someone. I hope in real life he's 250 lbs of ripped steel and able to kick your a$$. Cause I'm sure you wouldn't say your snarky comments to his face.
Haha, no worries! Thank you for the backup though :cool:

spiderman0616

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2010

Maybe his "contribution" will stop just ONE new thread about whether or not someone should upgrade, or is the camera REALLY that much better. If it can stop just one more of those stupid threads, it was worth posting. And honestly, a lot of comparison shots in the reviews are crappy. I like that this one has a shot in good light and a colorful setting.

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada

Some people who are mediocre in real life, get off on being jerks anonymously on the internet.

To the OP, thanks for this post, I knew it was much better, but your pictures are quite nice, and the comparison is done very well.

LiloThePleo

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2010
Nice pics, but maybe including a few more would be nice. Try it on something with hair, the differences show up even more clearly, and of course a scene shot. That will cover your three basic compositions, close up, mid and distance.

I used a pic of my cat to demo it lol, iPad 2 was a fuzzy bundle, on the new iPad you could actually see each hair.

MarcusCyganiak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Nice pics, but maybe including a few more would be nice. Try it on something with hair, the differences show up even more clearly, and of course a scene shot. That will cover your three basic compositions, close up, mid and distance.

I used a pic of my cat to demo it lol, iPad 2 was a fuzzy bundle, on the new iPad you could actually see each hair.
Hey thanks for the advice. I'll find some time to do more comparison shots like you've suggested!

MR1324

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2010
very nice. the new ipad camera is a lot better than i thought it was, but i still won't be using my ipad as a camera.

MarcusCyganiak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Some people who are mediocre in real life, get off on being jerks anonymously on the internet.

To the OP, thanks for this post, I knew it was much better, but your pictures are quite nice, and the comparison is done very well.
Thank you.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011

You are a total dick.

tom811

Feb 11, 2012
Very nice pictures. I also have a iPad 2 and a new iPad and the difference in picture quality is amazing. I use the camera for scanning images, depositing checks and copying receipts. The new camera will help a lot.

MarcusCyganiak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Very nice pictures. I also have a iPad 2 and a new iPad and the difference in picture quality is amazing. I use the camera for scanning images, depositing checks and copying receipts. The new camera will help a lot.
Yeah I'm totally digging the new camera. The iPad 2 camera was basically useless to me because of its poor quality. But now just thinking about when I'm on vacation (using the new iPad as my travelling computer), I can take that quick snapshot I want to take with the iPad rather than having to take that extra step in digging out a digital camera or my iPhone. The iPad truly is a multipurpose device.

HeySamantha

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012

And thank you for being the thread douchebag :rolleyes:

Beautiful pictures, makes me more excited for mine to get here on Friday!!

Snesley Wipes

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
thank you for your enlightening post with a link to your website showing how a 5mp camera with optics from the 4s is better than a 0.7mp camera with optics from a fish tank.

roflmao!!!

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I rarely took a picture with my Ipad 2 as they were not really usable. Reminded me of the old cameras in VGA phones looked worse on a large screen.

New Ipad camera is alot better.

MarcusCyganiak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
I rarely took a picture with my Ipad 2 as they were not really usable. Reminded me of the old cameras in VGA phones looked worse on a large screen.

New Ipad camera is alot better.
Yeah the iPad 2 camera was so bad that I didn't even want to tweet the pictures from it... lol

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
Looked pics and videos from the new ipad on a big hdtv,
Still has a long way to go.