Comparison between otterbox defender and something else.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thedlw, May 21, 2012.

1. thedlw macrumors newbie

I have had my defender case for a month. I am a recent android convert and never been happier. I just wish the back was a smooth hard case instead of the rubber. Anyone have any recommendations to replace this case to avoid the stretching over the back as it goes in and out of my pocket. I work in a hazardous concrete building so I need some decent protection. Thanks in advance.

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Check out the Griffin Survivor. Very nice industrial case.

3. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

Check out the Case-Mate Phantom. Might suit your needs. I love mine :apple:

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Case-mate Phantom or Lifeproof would work well for you.

The Phantom is two pieces, where there's a plastic front cover for the iphone, and that portion snaps into the molded tougher part. It has a nice grippy coating and unlike the Otterbox the entire protective outside is one piece so you don't get the loosening of silicon over time.

The Lifeproof is far skinner than the Phantom or Defender, it's waterproof, but the screen protector lessens some sensitivity and it is very glossy. The back is plastic and the front is more rubbery, so there's grip but it's not hard to get it in/out of a pocket. I like it, but the screen protector takes some getting used to and some people can't get past that...definitely a your mileage may vary product.