Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AhnCall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Hi guys, i'm a regular (well, 100-500posts) on this board, but this is an alternate account since this article has a link to my full name, and i'd like to keep my identities distinct.

but either way, i'm a staff writer for iMedicalApps.com, and I recently wrote a comparison of 7 styluses for the iPad:
Dagi Stylus
Pogo Sketch
Griffin Stylus
Boxwave Styra
BestStylus
Stylus Socks
AluPen

I know for me, I had a hard time finding good comparisons of styluses, so thought this might help.

http://www.imedicalapps.com/2011/02/ipad-stylus-review-best-handwriting-touch-screen/

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Very good article, thanks for posting the link!

I do have a question, if I may. Your article was mainly focused on writing with the styli. I'm looking for a stylus for my mother, who says that the iPad screen isn't very responsive to her fingers -- she thinks it's because as you get older, your skin property changes, and doesn't qutie conduct electricity the same way as younger skin. In any case, she wants a stylus to do tapping and dragging actions, like tapping buttons or selecting text, for example. She is currently using the Pogo stylus, which she likes, but the tip wears off after a while. Would you have any idea which one of the other styli might be good for someone like my motheer?

Thank you again for a very informative article, and I'm also exploring other stuff on that site -- looks like there are some interesting articles on there! :)

itzcoolz

macrumors regular
May 6, 2010
I do have a question, if I may. Your article was mainly focused on writing with the styli. I'm looking for a stylus for my mother, who says that the iPad screen isn't very responsive to her fingers -- she thinks it's because as you get older, your skin property changes, and doesn't qutie conduct electricity the same way as younger skin. In any case, she wants a stylus to do tapping and dragging actions, like tapping buttons or selecting text, for example. She is currently using the Pogo stylus, which she likes, but the tip wears off after a while. Would you have any idea which one of the other styli might be good for someone like my motheer?

I would definitely recommend the rubber tipped styluses (Griffin/Targus/Boxwave Styluses) or the Stylus Socks stylus.

BradenG

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Yea, I've heard the Boxwave is a great stylus...but I'm impatient and wanted a stylus now! So I picked up the Targus stylus at Best Buy, it works great!

I've been using it with Penultimate.

ejfontenot

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
Texas
We just deployed iPads at work and I wanted a stylus, so I bought the targus one, works great, but I like the idea of attaching to the headphone jack like the boxwave does. Any ideas on where to buy a lanyard that does this?

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
I have the Pogo Sketch stylus. It's an alright stylus, but is kind of hard to use since the foam starts to bend a certain direction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.