Comparison of iPhone 5 running iOS 6 and iPhone 6 running iOS 8

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bladery, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Bladery macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

Basically every updated iOS version and phone should bring improvements to speed an usability.
    Due to its better processors every new iPhone should be much faster than its previous version.

I don't believe this! Since iOS 7, it was getting worse and worse due to these slow animations.

To cut a long story short, what would you think of a video comparing the iPhone 5 with the release iOS number 6 with its final version (iOS 6.1.6) and the iPhone 6 with the release iOS number 8 with its latest version (iOS 8.3)?

Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.6 but the result would be highly interesting because I do think that iOS 6 is still faster, doesn't matter which iPhone...

Is anyone out there who has an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.6?

Best regards
    Bladery

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The iPhone 5 running iOS6 was the best iOS experience of the lot. Super-fast and super-smooth. My 6+ running 8.3 isn't a patch on it, plus it reloads for fun and crashes all the time. Give me an iPhone 5 with a bigger screen any day!

3. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i recently got a newer 6 plus and did a fresh install and have had no problems thus far in 2 weeks

4. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

Then you should compare it with iOS 6... Seriously!

5. I7guy macrumors G5

The comparison may be a fun and stimulating intellectual conversation, but that ship has long since sailed.

And frankly, iOS 6's time in the spotlight is long gone as well.

6. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Agreed, I don't see the value in such comparisons. It is for consumers to pressure Apple to continue to create user experiences that equal what was done in previous years, but there is nothing to be gained by trying to directly compare the two outside of the topic being a conversation piece.

7. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Kind of hard to do such a comparison since Apple doesn't sign old versions of iOS. You'd need to find a 5 that wasn't updated.

8. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure there are some Apple employees reading some of the topics here! If we complain enough, they might make a change