Comparison of Macbook Pros?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TLmac, Apr 19, 2015.

1. TLmac, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

TLmac macrumors member

I have been waiting for the rMBP to show up in the refurb store again (don't remember the gHz, 8 GB/256 SSD for $1150, July 2014 model) but this is available

http://store.apple.com/us/product/F...nch-macbook-pro-26ghz-dual-core-intel-core-i5

The one above is a $200 difference, double the SSD and 9 months older....Is the double space and being a bit older than the one I'm waiting for not worth the $200 difference? My brother in law had said when I started looking back in the fall that I could get a 1TB external hard drive for back ups/pictures/music for about $80 at Best Buy. So would it be a better idea to wait for the $1150 model to be available?

I will be using it for pictures, videos, email, web searching, Google Docs/Sheets, Music, basically very basic use but getting a Mac for the longevity factor and I'm done w/ Windows 8....hate it! Sick of computer crashes with Windows.... Some have said on here that my needs are more suitable for a Chromebook but I"m ok spending the $$$ on a Mac if it's going to last.

Thoughts?

2. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I'd go with 2014 model if you can wait, 2013 is not bad at all, but i feel for the price difference the 2014 is a slightly better deal, but if you NEED space then the one you linked to is better for you, you really can't go wrong with either though, as spec wise they are very, very similar. The storage is the only difference really.

Kal.

3. TLmac thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your input.

My brother in law also confirmed that he thinks he would wait for the 2014 model to be available too.

Hoping it shows up this week! Patience is hard! lol!!

4. TLmac thread starter macrumors member

When I do see the 2014 model finally show up again (of course it was available on and off since October but now that I'm ready to buy, it's agonizing!!), the Apple Reps will probably be like "wow, we just put that one up and it's already jumped on"! Ok, probably not reality but still....I've been checking like a mad woman!! :eek:

5. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    You're welcome, I hope you are able to find the model soon. :) I am the same way with patience... I can't wait for anything, lol. :)

Kal.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Check out refurb.me. You can setup notifications for the model or models you're interested in.