Comparison of old and new Music App lists

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Georgetown, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Georgetown, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

Georgetown macrumors newbie

The new grey-on-grey version on the left (IOS6) seems designed to make the music lists difficult to read. There is hardly any contrast between the typography and the background, which is a serious issue on a small screen like an iPhone.

Whereas the old version on the right is clean, clear and easy to read - especially when on the move, or if your eyes aren't perfect.

I doubt that Steve Jobs would have allowed this basic design error to have occurred. He wanted things to be simple to use - which included making text easier to READ - not harder.

Please fix this issue Apple - ASAP.

Attached Files:

2. Georgetown, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

Georgetown thread starter macrumors newbie

A comparison of the Old versus New Music App

As above

3. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Oh hi fellow Singaporean. I can fully understand your concern about this, because I have an iPhone 3GS on iOS 6 & an iPod touch 4th gen on iOS 5. The differences are really stark, but as the changes come as part of iOS 6, I guess we just have to accept it as it is. Apple hasn't changed much of the music app since iPhone OS 1, so this change (although color only) may be the biggest one yet. I don't see how Apple will change it though because not many ppl are complaining about it, and it still works like normal