Comparison: Watch (SS) vs. Watch Sport (Aluminum)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by FoxD, May 27, 2015.

1. FoxD macrumors 6502

I own both versions now and it's an easy decision on which I will be keeping.

I received my SS Watch today after owning a Sport (Space Grey) for a couple of weeks now. Upon opening and setting it up, I found the following:

It is heavier for sure compared to Sport, you do notice it.
    The display does NOT look as good on the SS. It is not as vibrant and just looks less clear compared to the Sport.
    The crown does not move as smooth as the Sport model. It takes more work to turn it and just feels off.

I know others have mentioned all of this before but I had to try it in person. Sport version all the way for me. Money is not a factor either.

I prefer the darker look of the Space Grey watch too. SS just looks like Chrome.

2. jjlannoo Suspended

I've heard the clarity issue mentioned before. I guess the ion-x must be superior optically.

3. CaptHook macrumors member

I've had both a 42mm Space Gray Sport and a 38mm Stainless. Both with black sport band.

Yes, the stainless is noticeably heavier (this is a con for me). I do find that pressing the digital crown in is not as "satisfying" but I am not finding rotating it any different at all. I am also not seeing any difference in display clarity.