Compass/Accelerometer just went haywire

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jweaver, May 17, 2011.

1. jweaver macrumors member

I am not sure if everything in this post is relevant, but I am going to post it for good measure.

I have owned an iPad2 for over a month with (other than Back Light Bleed) zero problems.. Perfect stabiltiy

On Sunday, I updated from 4.3 to 4.3.3 and then enabled the "Multi-Touch Gesture Hack"

Last night I switched on my iPad and the "Swipe to Unlock" was unresponsive.. I rotated the unit 90 degrees and it still didn't unlock.. Then I rotated it another 90 degrees (so it was up-side-down) and now the screen responded again and I got in

At this point, I just thought it one of those things....

This morning, I switched on, and tried to use an app which had Compass/Accelerometer support and it wasn't working.. It was all over the place, and rotating the iPad did not reflect on the compass direction.

I then sent a mail and turned the pad on its side, but it stayed in Portrate mode... So I went back to the iOS, rotated teh pad around and it was stuck.

In the end, I had to do a "Power Off" and when it came back, its fine again..

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Should I just put it down as a one-off?

Jon

2. jweaver thread starter macrumors member

Initial problem where the "slide to unlock" screen because unresponsive just happened again.. I was able to rotate the iPad through its 4 edges and the screen responded, but the touch screen diddn't work.

Double press on the 'home' button bought up the music controls, but they didn't work either...

I left it for a minute or so and it was fine again... Starting to think that "Multi-Gesture Touch" has broken something?

I read this post:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/26400-ipad-2-touch-screen-sometimes-unresponsive.html

Seems like others had the problem after upgrade and unabling Multi-Gesture so I wonder which one it is...

Jon