Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldcelt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
UK
I can’t seem to see the compass app. Probably being stupid but where is it???

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
If you don’t have the app installed on your phone it won’t be installed on the watch. (Assuming of course you have watch series 5)

Reactions: oldcelt

chiefs1968

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2016
Also remember if you are wearing a Milanese band than the compass will not work accurately. I have a S5 and a black Milanese band and the compass just gives me false readings about 25% of the time but I dont care because my Iphone has a compass and that will work for me. When on a outdoor trail or hiking etc etc I switch to the sport band.

Reactions: oldcelt

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Are there any apps for s4 that give it a compass ability?
There’s an app called Pro Compass for Watch - might be worth a look. There’s also this:
Incidentally, I was slightly puzzled by the reference to magnets in early Sport Loops on the support page. I wasn’t aware they used magnets.
The presence of magnets can affect the accuracy of any compass sensor. Apple's Leather Loop, Milanese Loop, and earlier Sport Loop watch bands use magnets...

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
There’s an app called Pro Compass for Watch - might be worth a look. There’s also this:
Incidentally, I was slightly puzzled by the reference to magnets in early Sport Loops on the support page. I wasn’t aware they used magnets.
The presence of magnets can affect the accuracy of any compass sensor. Apple's Leather Loop, Milanese Loop, and earlier Sport Loop watch bands use magnets...

Taken from the App Store details page (it’s still not a proper compass on pre-series 5). Wouldn’t want to trust it but might be worth the OP trying it.

9fafdb934ef2bfd2789d49e75bdedcdf.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.