Compatable Ink Cartridges

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Washac, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi

I went to order some Canon ink cartridges recently only to find that the Canon
    branded ones are £14.34 each, and I needed three £43.02.

The Canon compatible ones are £3.98 each and chipped.

What are peoples experiences of compatible cartridges, colour quality, do they
    screw your printer as printer makers like us to believe ?

2. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I used Epson "compatible" cartridges in the past when I was really unable to consistently afford the name brand ones - never again.

They don't last as long, the colors aren't nearly as vivid, and I've had issues with them even working sometimes. I've never had a bad Epson cartridge, they always last significantly longer, and the photo quality is outstanding (which is why I won't use another brand of printer for photos.)

I like to say "you get what you pay for"...and to me, that goes the same with Mac vs. PC too.

3. freeworld23 macrumors newbie

Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges

I have this printer ink cartridges, that they offer a free delivery on the highest quality guaranteed compatible printer ink cartridges, inkjet cartridge refills, laser toner cartridges and inkjet printer paper for all popular brands of printer at unbelievably cheap prices. They also stock a wide range of genuine original branded ink cartridges. For what I know their competitors prices are constantly monitored so that you can rest assured that you wil be paying some of the lowest prices on the internet today.

A compatible cartridge is a cartridge that is not produced by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). These cartridges are designed to meet or in best case even exceed the standards set by the OEM in terms of performance, print quality and page yield. To achieve this, the making and quality level of the inkjet ink or laser toner is crucial.

4. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi

I used this company here in the UK http://www.cartridgediscount.co.uk/ the cartridges arrived very quickly and from what I have printed so far the colour is very good. The compatibles I bought look identical in every way, they are even chipped, it is just label on the top of the cartridge that is different, least that's how they look to me.

Happy so far :)

5. joaoferro99 macrumors member

6. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi

Thanks for the links, but I went down the road of refilling a while back, and really got in a mess with it. Also not long after doing this I obtained a blocked print head, and had to buy a new print head :(

I now have a printer where the cartridges are chipped so prefer to stay with bought cartridges and I am happy with the ones I have found so far.

7. Darien Red Sox macrumors regular

What model printer do you have? Look from input of users of the same model printer, how well generic ink works will very from printer to printer. I have had luck in some printer and no luck in others with generic ink, part of the key is to be able to fool the printer into thinking that it is "name brand" ink, some printers I think are programed to act up when they know it is generic ink.

8. carestudio macrumors 6502

sorry that I did not see your reply till now (been 2 years :( )
    yes, totally agree with you, you really want to get a good quality inks and system if you want to go refilling route. There are several good ones on the market, MIS, ink2image and inkrepublic are all providing quality products and inks. I have just read a good article talking about Epson Artisan 50 system and this guy has been using 3rd party inks for many years and print a lot ... really a lot...

http://www.inkrepublic.com/members/MikeSokol/review.asp

if you print a lot, you can save thousands of dollars like me, each year .....