Compatibility Battle! Nokia N73 VS 911T

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yoyo5280, May 12, 2008.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Okay, I know out of the box neither of these phones will have very good mac compatibility but I want to know which will be easier, and cheaper, to set up with my mac.

1) Nokia N73. An alright phone...with a great interface. 3.2megapixel camera.
    2) Softbank 911T by toshiba... Cool phone, ***** interface 3.2megapixel camera.

I want to add music to these phones, and also perhaps sync my calendar and address book. Possible?

2. Naim135 macrumors member

Ive had a Noikia N73

I had a N73 for about 12 Months a while back It Synced up with both of my Mac's with no trouble at all, music, contacts and calender all worked with no issues. However trying to sync it via bluetooth to my Alpine Head unit revealed serious shortcomings namely that you can connect up but will not copy across the phone book at all and also intermittantly drops the connection.

Having done some research into this showed that although Bluetooth is supposed to be a "Standard" it has been implemented to the letter by alpine but Nokia in there finite wisdom decided to alter there standard and the have the cheek to say it was Alpine's fault!

NB Havew tried other Nokia phones with my Alpine and the problem seems restricted to Series 60 Phones

Regards

Naim135

3. yoyo5280 thread starter macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

So you think that the N73 is easier?

How did you do it?

4. Naim135 macrumors member

N73 Syncing

I just used isync to connect to my Mac's and let it do the rest,

Also one good feature of the N73 is the ability to use a Memory Card (Mini SD) as a backup device. I found this feature useful when I crushed mine just ran a restore to the replacement and viola back just as before.

5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I used to sync my N73 with iSync, no problem at all. Nokia's are generally pretty good with Macs from my experience of calendars (from iCal) and contacts (from Address Book).