Compatibility between Pages & Word (Adding Marginal Comments)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tissue Paper, May 26, 2015.

1. Tissue Paper macrumors regular

Hi,

I need to edit my client's work. The good news is that we both use Macbooks. The bad news, her supervisor uses a PC. Because of this, she writes everything in Microsoft Word. I currently have no issues viewing her documents in Pages but I'm trying to find a way to add marginal comments to the document instead of highlighting individual words in another font color, in addition to typing my comments between the lines. I am aware that Pages has a feature to add marginal notes; however, I'm not sure if the notes can be easily transformed to Word. I'm kind of new to editing digitally so any advice would help to input my feedbacks flawlessly; otherwise I will have to install Microsoft Word on my computer which I'm leaving as a last resort.

Thank you,
    Tissue Paper

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I suggest trying those actions using LibreOffice. I've had greater success using LibreOffice to edit Word documents than with Pages (either latest version or older iWork 09 version)

3. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

The comments you add in Pages should transfer to Word (this might be version dependent... it seems to work in Pages 5.5).

You can verify that it SHOULD work be exporting your document to a Word-compatible format (docx or doc). Once you've exported it, import it into Pages again and verify that the comments are still there. Ultimately you'll have to try it with MS Word to be sure it works with all the versions involved.

4. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

This is a very important step in the testing!

5. Tissue Paper thread starter macrumors regular