Compatibility Issue with Final Cut Studio 2?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by albertperk, May 18, 2007.

1. albertperk macrumors newbie

So I'm getting my FIRST Mac :apple: next month after the MacbookPro update (yay!!) And I was very interested in getting Final Cut Studio 2...but I'm not sure if it would be compatible with my digital camcorder. :confused: I have the Canon ZR-80...I don't know if I should get Final Cut 2 because if it's not compatible with my camcorder, it will be a waste of money...so I'm either getting FCS, or FCS-2 depending on the compatibility...does anyone have any info on this? Thanks guys!

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Any camera that's compatible with Final Cut Studio (FCP 5.1) will be compatible with Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP6)

3. albertperk thread starter macrumors newbie

Decent...

I wasn't sure if there was a difference in compatibility between the two versions or not dealing with that. I may get 5.1 for now and then upgrade later...I'm not sure yet though. Thanks for the info.

4. -DH macrumors 65816

The upgrade price from FCS to FCS 2 is $499.00. Might as well go with FCS 2 and save yourself $500.00.

-DH

5. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I use a ZR80 with Final Cut Express and it works fine, and I see no reason why you should get FCS1 over FCS2 unless if you want to throw away a bunch of money. If that's the case, then try the lotto, or just have a bonfire in your backyard... :)

There's no reason why it should NOT work with FCS2.

6. albertperk thread starter macrumors newbie

Not a bad idea! I was thinking about that myself actually...haha so kidding...

Your point is given though. If I decide to do so I'll pony up and get the newest version coming out.

Thanks.