Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Decahedron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
especially with office 2004
can you name some problems you come across, and how to deal with them? how often do these problems occur?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Sometimes PowerPoint files from much older versions of Office for Windows ('97 and below generally) come out a bit funny for me, but nothing major. The pictures and headings are usually in the wrong spot, that's all.

The only way I can work out to fix it (and it's rare so I haven't bothered looking for a better way) is to manually move everything back to where I think it should be.

ajampam

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2005
I use office 04 a lot, esp excel, word and Powerpoint....havent had major issues, but I once had an excel template for some stats stuff where the date cell was on auto, but trying to print it on a PC and it was printing the date created and not that days...but as I said, no major issues for me....

Decahedron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
cool so far.
id really like more responses from hose who do this on a regular basis k

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well I'm always using Office and as a student, a lot of it is collaborative work and has usually gone through about four or five different versions of Office before the final product is printed/shown or whatever. It's pretty much always fine. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.