compatibility with cam?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zombieaters, Dec 21, 2009.

1. zombieaters macrumors newbie

i want to make my webcam viewable by my friends on pc's they can't view it because im on a mac. is there any way i can fix that?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What Mac and what Mac OS X version are you running?

Also what software do you use to do what?

Do you mean being seen while chatting with your friends?
    Skype can do that.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

mmmmm.... how so? And how does it make you feel?

Also

Things Not to Do
    These are usually not instantly bannable - but will likely get you edited and/or warned.

Useless posts. Do not bother making posts with only one or two words (e.g., LOL) or a smilie, or post simply to have the first reply in a thread. Such posts waste everyone's time and will be deleted. Posts saying "I agree", "+1", "me too", or the equivalent are also routinely removed.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

4. zombieaters thread starter macrumors newbie

im using a macbook pro with lepord and i want to use my cam with yahoo messenger, i know about programs like skype, stickam, camfrog etc... but none of my friends want to download them just to see me on cam. so i would like to find a way to use my cam with yahoo messenger or if there is any way, which i dont think there is, with msn.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The responsibility to get the iSight working with that software lies with the developers of that software, and as they currently have not implemented that, you may be out of luck.

Have web searches brought you any results ("isight with msn/yahoo messenger")? Have a look at adium, it supports several chat protocols, but I don't know about iSight support.

A more descriptive thread title would also help attracting more knowledgeable persons concerning that matter though.
    Your title is to far spread. I just clicked on it, because I was expecting issues with a video camera or something in that vicinity.