Compatible BlueTooth Headsets

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Odd Man Out, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Odd Man Out macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've been thinking about getting a bluetooth headset from some time now (the wife doesn't like listening to my music/games/etc). But, the only one that I found at the Apple's On-line Store is ~$120. Which is rather expensive for me.

So, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a cheaper one, that is compatible with my new Mac Mini. Preferably one with a mic as well.

Stay Shiny,
    OMO

2. Odd Man Out thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. But, all the ones in those threads seem to be of the 'one ear' type, or out of my price range.

Poking around, I'm starting to think that bluetooth stereo headphones (w/ mic) for even < $100 isn't reasonable...

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It helps if you specify exactly what you're looking for. All you said was "bluetooth headset", with no mention of stereo or a mic.

4. Odd Man Out thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I did specify the mic. But, I'm wondering how your last post is helpful. Because, I really don't see it.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's only helpful if you want good responses to your posts in this forum. If you're clear about what your question or problem is in your original post, you're less likely to get responses that aren't on target. If you specify that you want "stereo bluetooth headsets" instead of just "bluetooth headsets", you're more likely to get responses that are useful to you. If your thread title said "need stereo bluetooth headsets with mic under $120", only those with knowledge about those would respond. It also makes it easier for others with the same question to find your thread when they're searching.

Good luck in your search.

6. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

I have the Motorola S7-HD and it works great with my third gen IPod Touch.
    I know you get better sound with the type that seals the ear canal, but I hate having anything plugging my ears.
    It has a mic and works great with my MacBook Pro.

7. Odd Man Out thread starter macrumors newbie

GGJstudios, you've completely missed my point.

Tiki35, thanks. I'll check those out.

8. pranavss11 macrumors 6502