Compatible Debit Cards with Apple Pay

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by brolfsen, Oct 21, 2014.

1. brolfsen macrumors member

I know there has been a similar thread about cards that do and don't work with Apple Pay but I'd like to start a Wiki thread for compatible debit cards as I am thinking about switching banks. I currently use U.S. Bank but since they can't confirm when they will be compatible I am thinking about transferring to a different bank. Can anyone list some debit (backed by a major credit company like Visa) cards that work currently with Apple Pay.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Only debit cards issued by the banks listed as supporting Apple Pay will currently work.

As you stated, those banks are already listed here in the existing threads and on the Apple Pay site.

3. kaiguy macrumors member

USAA is a no go so far.

Just tried using my BofA debit at McDonalds with Apple Pay and it worked perfectly.

Only question I have is why doesn't this card have the "card notifications" toggle that my BofA AMEX and Citi card have?

4. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I've read that USAA will be supported on Nov 7th for their MasterCards and Visa cards with Amex coming at a later date.

5. coumerelli macrumors 6502

I just spoke with a rep from US Bank. Sounded like it was reputable info. She said that US Bank plans on being ready around Nov 4. She was speaking specifically about check cards. I asked about US Bank issued corporate cards and credit cards, but she did not have that answer. So, to me it sounds like all will be well in a couple of weeks. I'm just wondering why they couldn't have been ready on day one. US Bank is fairly large.

6. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

My debit card from Chase doesn't work because only Visa card from Chase work and mine is a MasterCard.

7. cjake macrumors member

If you are using US Bank now, a switch to Wells Fargo should be doable.

The Wells Fargo VISA Debit card is accepted by Apple Pay. I have it and have it stored in Passbook.

8. GT Rick macrumors newbie

is anyone getting transaction history when you use a debit card ? i only get the city where i used it but nothing else.Apple needs to fix this

9. dario1326 macrumors newbie

Do you know if MasterCard debit cards will be supported soon?