iPhone 11 Pro Compatible fast charger compatible question

gigapocket1

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2009
yep. It says it’ll go up to 18watts On USB ports. so should work fine.. might not reach that fully when both devices are plugged in

Reactions: TwoBytes

MarkX

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
Would this charger be suitable (ie, not damage and give the same charging speed) to support the new iPhone 11 Pro?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QPVSVCW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm thinking of getting it so it would do my MacBook AND iPhone at the same time!
You’ll have to buy the usb c to lightning cable to make use of the fast charging as the iPhone only supports Power Delivery standard.

If you use your standard usb a to lightning cable with the plug you will not have fast charging capabilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwoBytes

gigapocket1

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2009
You’ll have to buy the usb c to lightning cable to make use of the fast charging as the iPhone only supports Power Delivery standard.

If you use your standard usb a to lightning cable with the plug you will not have fast charging capabilities.
he doesn’t need that cable for fast charging. If the old usb port puts out 15w. His phone will charge at 15w. That’s why people for years have used the iPad chargers

TwoBytes

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
he doesn’t need that cable for fast charging. If the old usb port puts out 15w. His phone will charge at 15w. That’s why people for years have used the iPad chargers
It looks like as well as the power supply Apple are shipping a USB-C to Lightning cable. Maybe that's where the confusion is?

MarkX

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
He does if he wants to charge at the same speed as the 11 pro and its charger as per his original post.

I’m well aware he could charge at the same rate as the iPad charger would allow which I believe is actually just 12 watts, but that wasn’t his question.