Compatible internet radios?

CreationArt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Florida
I'm obsessed with Pandora, and with this PPC I can't use it! What are some decent alternatives for us PPC users?
I'm running 10.4.11, with 512mb of ram, soon to be 1.5Gb.

Help!

CreationArt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Florida
To show you how far out of any apple products I was, I didn't even know iTunes had stations.. Only podcasts.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
I'm obsessed with Pandora, and with this PPC I can't use it! What are some decent alternatives for us PPC users?
I'm running 10.4.11, with 512mb of ram, soon to be 1.5Gb.

Help!
I don't understand. You can run Pandora in any browser. Unless that has changed?

Then there's PandoraMan and PandoraBoy, both standalone apps that stream Pandora. Then you have PandoraJam, which is a paid app but allows you to record Pandora streams and save them. You can even export those saved streams to iTunes if you want.

As far as iTunes goes, I am a big fan of SomaFM. SomaFM streams a lot of different, but quality internet radio stations. I'm partial to ambient so I tend to stream DroneZone a lot. SomaFM even has an iOS app.

Last edited:

CreationArt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Florida
Well, I got pandora to work. But I ran across another problem. It sounds like the music is playing from underwater, through a garbage disposal and into the computer to my headphones. Mactube runs super laggy, and its just a mess. I'm hoping the extra ram will help. Is that the case? Or is it something else?