Compatible LCD with the macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by apenaroks, Jun 30, 2008.

1. apenaroks macrumors member

Hi! i have a macbok, but im not at all impressed with it LCD. I have changed the profile and settings, but compared to the MAcbook Air, it isnt very good. I was thinking about buying the LCD from a macbook Air and just putting it in a Macbook. Could this be done? If not, are there any other LCD's that would just work with the Macbook?

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Why would you want to spend anywhere from $350 to $500 just to replace a screen which is perfectly OK? :confused: Sell the MacBook and buy an Air. Probably less expensive doing it that way.

Regards.

3. apenaroks thread starter macrumors member

well, first off, i dont want a air. the air has very poor hard disk space and rpm, i cant upgrade anything in it without having to take it apart and it is a piece of fragile crap. Secondly, i wouldnt mind paying $350-$500 for a new LCD. As long as it works and I get a brighter, more contrasted picture quality. However. the air makes a good comparison. Look at the air's screen to the macbooks. there is a obvious difference. I want the air's LCD or LED (which ever one it uses) on my macbook. and i want it to work without problems.

4. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

coming from experience of replacing macbook lcd's...you don't want to do it, no matter how good you are, you'll end up bending or breaking something and you're macbook will never look the same as far as the case goes. How about getting a nice 22" acer and just plugging that bad boy in when you want to have a nice big fat shiny bright super cool screen??