Compensation? Anyone received any?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by grinthock, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grinthock macrumors member

Has anyone received any form of compensation from :apple: for the out of order shipping and various issues?

I'm pissed because I ordered 5 minutes after the re-opening of the apple store, and mine is just PREPARED FOR SHIPMENT today! I called and was told "Too bad", what pisses me off is 2 things.

1) How dare they send units to stores before people who have pre-ordered

and

2) For people who ordered 2 full days after me to have received their units a week before me is simply unacceptable!

2. mithykal macrumors regular

soo...you bought it knowing it might not ship until 28th, if it ships after 28th then you can moan, but for now....:rolleyes:

3. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

1. Thats how it always is with new products

2. You live in Canada, that is probably why. Looks like the US has priority. After all it does say "Designed by Apple in California".

3. The only compensation I have seen Apple giving is free expedited shipping, but once it is prepared for shipment it is too late to change anything.

4. SHEESH macrumors newbie

i saw a couple other people on a different thread saying that they called apple to complain and they were getting $50-$70 off their pre-order and expedited shipping so i called to see what would happen and i got $50 off but order already shipped so there wasn't anything they could do about the shipping..i really wasn't upset b/c they the store DOES say "ships by the 28th" but, hey $50 is $50..

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

9/10

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

1. Who cares? They said that yours would ship before 28 September. It will. Even if other people get theirs before you do...
    2. Who cares? They said that yours would ship before 28 September. It will. Even if other people get theirs before you do...
    3. I second the person that was on the other end of your call. "Too bad."

7. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

I feel your pain. But, God forbid you actually don't want to wait & buy one in stores, these same people will then roast you for your impatience. Your consolation is that you won't have a screen issue.

8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

A friend of mine called Apple to complained about their order not shipping and how they were available in stores. They got a $50 credit, and then called back again to complain about the prepairing to ship time,which had been a few days and got another $25 credit. So they got a 16 GB iPod touch for $325, which is impressive.

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.