Compensation from Apple?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pfh118, Feb 19, 2008.

1. pfh118 macrumors newbie

My Macbook's hard drive recently failed. I was still under warranty and all that jazz. The next couple weeks after the failure involved a whirlwind of screw-ups and complications on Apple's part, involving complications with a new hard drive and shipment for my laptop. I actually was assigned a representative from Apple to follow my case, who also informed me that when my laptop finally makes it back to me, we can discuss possible compensation. I have no base of knowledge concerning what my leverage is with the compensation. The only exact monetary compensation I would want is the amount I'm going to be charged on my cell phone bill for the obscene amount of time I had to spend on the phone with Apple Support in those two weeks. Other abstracts include the fact that I just started a new job which requires the use of my laptop, and I'm now two weeks without it. Does anyone know what else I could negotiate with Apple in this situation?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I think usually they just offer something... you usually don't have to negotiate.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You most likely will not be able to negotiate loss of work due to your laptop being out of commission. Even if you can prove that you are to provide a laptop of your own for your work I doubt you'll see a penny. What Apple may do is give you a store gift card of sorts or perhaps exchange the entire laptop. I also do not think they will shell out any actual cash for your cell phone. Again, they may resort to a gift card of sorts. Apple is not responsible for you not having a phone that could otherwise handle excessive minutes used. I'm not saying you should have a landline or a larger calling plan, I'm only saying Apple isn't paying that bill.

On the flip side it does sound as though Apple CS is pulling through on this one for you.

4. viqas macrumors member

compensation usually means a gift card, the most i have heard about was 150$ which can get you an ipod

5. pfh118 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses, everyone--that's all I needed to know.